Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Guitarzan

(see the title up there? That's another one of my nicknames, just sayin. My mom felt the need to combine guitar with Tarzan when I was ten. Don't ask me why)

So I really don't have anything big planned to write about. (I really need to read all those pinterest pins titles 1000 awesome ideas for blog posts) I wrote like four pages of Blaze last night, but it's some very nasty writing and I just don't want to show it to the world just yet.
                      But, I do have some stuff going on in my life that might be interesting.
                                            (not as interesting as Blade's but close maybe)

First off, I want to throw a little party announcing that I submitted my make believe project to my teacher about five minutes ago, and in a few weeks I should get my real life grade for it.
                                                        *crossing fingers its a good one*
Writing fake job resume's isn't really my strong point. Like, looking at the job experience label.
"Um...I'm insane. I can write really bad first drafts. People laugh at my jokes."
I mean, come on people, what the heck do you even put in a resume? It's all just so boring. Ah well.

And for the rest of my post:
Guitar lessons.

I took a leap of faith and got on our local Buy, Sell, and Trade Facebook page and said that I was offering guitar lessons.
And got like flooded.
I've still got  four maybe's who haven't got back to me. And now I've got four full-time students.
Yesterday one of them came over. I was kind of nervous, because I didn't actually know the little boy, but he brought half his family along, and you know how adorable it is when a four year old finds out you have real chicken eggs in your kitchen and decides right then and there that he needs guitar lessons, and wants to spend the night?
That's just adorable.
And a total icebreaker for the whole rest of the lesson.

This evening I have two more students coming over. One for her second lesson, and the other for his first. The boy is actually my Sunday School student at church, so I'm already pretty sure of myself with him.
Promise him he can talk about the zombie apocalypse as much as he wants if he finishes the lesson. Bam.
He'll focus the whole time and have it mastered.
He's a great kid, he really is, and so is the girl. But I get to talk about fun girl stuff with her. Nothing like bazookas and how to properly kill a zombie in the newest Xbox game. Sad day.

In general I just love guitars. I mean, unless I have to, I don't even play them that much, but when I get one in my hands I kind of go nuts and start doing all kinds of crazy stuff on them that sounds awesome (to me).

The other day, I turned on my new amp and electric guitar for the first time.
DUDE!
There's a setting on there that makes it sound like a fighter jet is flying out of my guitar through the amp!
Do you have any idea how cool that is??
That's cool!
And there's like 89 settings I haven't even tried yet.

Keith Harkin is like my hero of the guitar world. He's an adorable Irish surfer dude, who was with this group called Celtic Thunder for a while (not my ideal choice in music, but I like to listen to it a few times a year) and now he plays a lot of 'pubs'. (The guy is hilarious to listen to) So while I'm not a huge fan of his music, his obsession for guitars is right up my alley.
He buys a guitar in every music store he steps foot into.
Last I checked he had forty-five.
45.
I'm close on his heels with 6.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment