Monday, April 7, 2014

Blazing Questions- Round 2.

You know how utterly happy it makes me to get on my computer and see someone commented on my blog post? I could just burst asunder from shear joy. And the most recent comment happened to be filled with questions for Blade, and that just puts icing on the cake. So, here are the next round of questions. I did this set of questions from my point of view, since I felt like I could answer them better than Blade. Enjoy :)


1.Do any of your characters have a song that reminds you of them?
There are actually several songs that remind me of Blade and the other characters.
We Are by Thousand Foot Krutch really is kind of the theme song for the whole army, but mostly Blade, Jace, and Asher.
Heartbeat by The Fray is one of Blade's songs. I know it talks about pickups and highways, but it also talks a lot about having fire inside you, and loving someone, and that's a big part of Blade. A lot of the symbolism I put into the story revolves around fire, and Blade really wouldn't be who he is if he didn't love Tara.
Remember the Empire by House of Heroes is a song that kind of sums up the whole entire story for me. It pretty much says the whole reason they all packed up for war.
The Call by Regina Spektor is another one that reminds me of Blade and his inner journey as he grows as a person. At the beginning of the story he starts out as a reluctant participant, but by the time it's over he's a big part in what they're trying to do.


2. Blade's favorite food
Blade and his brothers are hunters so they eat a lot of wild game, and then whatever vegetables they grow, but his favorite thing to eat is venison steaks. His mom peppers  and fries them and he eats way too much.

3. What would Blade do if Tara tragically died?

He would lose it. If someone was responsible for her death he would probably become obsessed with hunting that person down and making them suffer a slow painful death, but once that was done he would probably slip into depression and cease to function. Tara is his one big dream. He's built everything up around getting his own place so he can marry her, so if she were to be permanently taken away his whole world would crash.

4.Does Blade have a horse?
Blade has a lot of horses he rides throughout the battles, but none of them have names or play very large rolls except to occasionally get shot or fall on him. He does have an old farm horse back home named Jupiter that he used to race around and jump fences on as a kid. He's much too 'mature' for that now ;) He does love horses though and whenever they capture horses from the army he always goes for the fastest one.

5. Does Blade have a blade/sword, If so does it have a name.

Blade does use a sword but he hasn't given it a name. He prefers to use a bow if possible so he doesn't have to be close to the enemy.

6. Rich or Poor ?

Blade and his family are poor, but not destitute. They have a farm the older boys work, so they have crops they can sell that brings in income, but there's a lot of mouths to feed and the farm needs a lot of upkeep so the don't have a lot of excess.

7.Which of his siblings drives him crazy?

         Asher definitely.

 The two of the butt heads a lot about things. Asher is very work driven and takes things very serious, while Blade likes to have fun. Blade see's Asher as standing in the way of him getting off the farm with Tara.  The younger boys are ornery, but Blade is mostly a kid himself, so he doesn't mind their goofing off at all, and he and Jace are on good terms. Cape loves Blade to death, and truth be told she's probably his favorite. He likes to tease Fay about boys coming around her, but it's all in good fun. He's kind of awkward with her anymore, because she's more woman than child and very strong willed.




Thanks for asking questions! Hope you liked the answers.

 

 

 

 

   

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for answering my questions. I love TFK, I got to meet them. I got them to sign my shoe and pretty much ran away O.O. The Fray is awesome and the songs I haven't heard I'm looking up. You gotta love venison, and the answer to #3 made me almost sorry I asked, almost. I kinda guessed they would be more on the poor side, and it sounds like Blade has a tight knit family. I need to read this book, so don't stop writing it. I hope I don't sound like a sugar crazed person in this comment, thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for asking them:) aw lucky! I'm jealous. They're good songs :) haha I just tried to think of the most mideval food I've ate and liked :) I was sad just writing it :'( haha. He does have a pretty tight family. Well I made a checklist of what has to happen by the end of the story and I'm almost halfway through it so maybe it won't be much longer :)

      Delete