Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Insanity

Hiya guys! Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. I sure did. And the fun isn't over yet, due to some conflicting schedules, my family Easter bash has been backed up a week, so I get to just spread the love and chocolate.

My Easter this year was actually pretty simple, which was a nice change, since it's usually pretty hectic. Me and the family went to church in the morning and then spent the afternoon at my Grandma's house. After that a stop at a friends house that was supposed to be a three minute item pickup, turned into like a two hour chat session. And chat sessions are always fun.
Easter morning my dad hid candy for us girls, so now my mom has pictures of us all running around in PJ's and bedhead. Not good. Luckily, I've got worse pictures of her that I can hold as insurance that she wont be posting them anywhere. Ah, sweet intimidation.
Since Easter is over for the most part, I have that mentality now of "I'm going to start eating healthy!"
But mom literally just offered me a Mountain Dew if I would go check the cows for her.
And really, what's the point of eating healthy when we're going to have another Easter in May?
There is no point. There just isn't.
You know another thing that has no point?
This blog post.
 
I have no clue where I'm heading with it right now, at this moment, as I'm typing.
Maybe I'll talk about wanting to cook something yummy for that Easter dinner.
Or maybe I'll mention that field work has started so my jeans are covered in dirt.
Or that I have guitar students coming over this evening.
Or that I've signed up for my third semester at college and had the horrible experience of finding out the third class I need isn't offered in the summer so I'll have to take semester #4 too.
And oh my gosh, Four is so cute.
Spring.
(Please tell me someone remembers good ol' Ben from Treasure Planet)
Yeah, that's it. We're going to talk about spring.
(Can you tell I couldn't go to sleep last night to save my life?)
Spring is my favorite season, and now that the snow drifts that dumped on everything last week have melted, I feel like it's actually here, and not lying to me. Things are starting to get green, and there's tractors out in the fields, and I'm digging life.

I would be perfectly happy if half the year was spring and half was fall and there were maybe two snow days to go sledding and snowboarding, and like maybe a week or so of low 90's weather to swim. I'm more of a jeans and jacket kind of girl. Which may have a slight affect on the reason that I'm whiter than your average snowflake. I don't know.

Besides grass and flowers and trees and all that typical stuff, there's a lot of things been blooming- in my head. Story ideas. Character ideas. Random snippets of dialogue that I have no clue who they belong to. I'm getting closer and closer to finishing Blaze (You may be happy to know that he survived yet another battle last night while at quilt guild. No wait, I was at quilt guild, he was in the story.). I'm thinking when I type it onto the computer (Cause Blade lives in tablets right now. Lots of them. And so far I've only lost one page. And I know for a fact it was an argument between him and Asher.) that I might need to change it to present tense instead of past.
Do you know how hard it is to die in past tense??

With every word that brings me closer to finishing Blaze I'm really wanting to get back to my other stories. I think I've worked out some of the knots in my Dystopia story, and my pinterest boards for the others are chuck full of new inspiration. It has been decided that Jake needs to be in deeper trouble, and my sister informed me that unless he comes to some form of repentance, she will feel guilty about liking him so much. She also mentioned that he pretty much unsaveable.
Oh ye Minion of little faith.

While I'm bouncing all these ideas around in my mind I've also got new ones demanding to at least get a Pinterest board. Like, I have this odd idea that's just called Reed Mason. And all it is is a guy named Reed and he goes on a road trip. Or the little boy who dreams about a little critter named Gus. Or the gladiator. Or a story about one of King David's men. Or maybe something more about Zacher. (I gotta admit, I liked that guy a lot more than I planned to)
Right now I'm not writing on any of them, but I am starting to collect a stash of pins for them, and scribbling down notes now and then. We'll see what happens with them.
What happened to talking about spring?
 



No comments:

Post a Comment