Monday, March 24, 2014

Tag, You're It!

So, Skyle over at Ink Castles did this questionnaire and tagged me to it, so here are my answers for the questions.
Also, this is supposed to be a tag, but several of the blogs I follow have already done it, so I'm kind of at a loss for who else to tag, so I'm just going to give my answers. If you have a blog though, feel free to use the questions :)


1. What are your top five favorite novels?
      In no real order.
1. Inheritance by Christopher Paoloni
2. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare 
3. Divergent by Veronica Roth.
4. Last stand at Papago wells by Louis Lamour 
5. Another Lamour book, High Lonesome. 

2. What style do you enjoy writing in the most?
      I've wrote in all styles except first person present tense, and I really don't have a favorite. I like whichever one suits the voice of my current character best.
As of right now, most of my stories are written in third person, past tense. The rest are first person, past. 

3. Whose writing do you admire the most?
     I really love Cassandra Clare's description, Christopher Paoloni has always been a favorite because of how he makes you feel so much for his characters (I do anyway). And Veronica Roth. She's another one I can call out for making me feel, as well as her character development. 

4. What is the thing that prevents you most from writing?
     On the large scale, being worried about not being able to do it right, or that certain people will read it and not like it. On a small scale, role playing, reading, tv, and Pinterest. 

5. What is your favorite WIP?
      Oh geez. Well, it changes all the time based on which one I have the most inspiration on, but currently it's my WIP, Blaze. You can check out the blurb over on the My Stories page. 

6. What is your nickname?
      Maddie is a technical nickname, but I also get called Loon quite a bit around the house. For more information on my nicknames, read this post.

7. How many siblings do you have?
       I have two younger minions. 

8. If you could visit anywhere, where would you visit?
     Alaska would be awesome. But if I was feeling nasty toward the cold I'd choose Ireland. If I was picky I would plan a trip hop and go visit all my online friends. 

9. How many writing blogs do you follow?
     Well only two are strictly writing, but I follow lots of blogs that sometimes post about writing. 

10.  If you had to choose between Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hiddleston, who would you pick?
      Honestly I'm not a huge fan of either. I don't think either is that good looking and I've never seen Sherlock. But, since I like Loki as a villain, I'll say Tom Hiddleston.

So there you have it! Thanks Skyle, for tagging me. :)

6 comments:

  1. Your welcome, Inheritance is an exceptional book. Out of curiosity, what is role playing? Sherlock is not everyone's cup of tea, it's a British show. I have a British sense of humor, so it suits me well. Thank you for doing the tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it better than all the others.
      Roleplaying is when a group of people online make characters for themselves (they can be from books, movies, etc, or original characters) and chat back and forth, creating a story from each characters point of view. Like-
      Ashley: I walk down the street humming.
      Dave: I toss my wrapper at her as she goes by.
      I like to talk in a British accent, and I like the Sherlock Holmes movies :)
      Welcome!

      Delete
    2. Oh, roleplaying sounds fun. I like to mimic all kinds of accents, but British is my favorite. If you enjoy the Sherlock movies than you will love the show, they use a lot of material from the books. Except it's set in modern day London, it works somehow.

      Delete
    3. It's very fun. And addicting.
      I like Australian, Irish, French, and Hispanic, but I'm only really good at British and Southern.
      Sounds cool. Maybe I'll have to look into it. Have you seen Elementary? It's similar.

      Delete
  2. Australian accent! Loved since I used to watch the Crocodile hunter when I was younger. I've never seen Elementary, I think the fact that they made Watson a girl bothered me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Croc Hunter! I didn't like that he was a girl either. My family likes it, but I usually read through it XP

      Delete