Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Horror Story- Part 1

Before I get to the main part of this post, I wanted to say thanks for your prayers. I went to the doctor and my head was sitting on my neck completely crooked. She was able to put it back into place and she thought that should help after a day or so. So for right now I'm still totally miserable, but hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
 
Now, on to more important matters.
 
Remember I said a while back that I told Minion 2 a scary story in a fit of boredom?
I offered to give some snippets of it and several of you expressed interest in it, so here is the first chunk of it.
Watch out.
 
 


"Sentence for the convicted is two years in the Dalton Prison."
Bills heart sank at the words. Two years. Two years over a robbed jewelry store. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. He could handle two years. He'd make it. He remembered that as he was led out of the courtroom, zipped into an orange suit and shackled hand and foot. He'd be 26 when he got out. Not too bad. Still plenty of life left. He tried to stay positive as he was drove to the prison , searched, then led through the halls to his cell. It was annoyingly dark in the corridor he found himself and the guard in. The dirty light bulbs cast a grungy yellow light on everything. He followed the guard all the way down to the farthest door, and the light grew fainter with every step.
"Here we are." The guard said with an odd tremor in his voice. "You'll stay the night here. I'll bring your guys' breakfast in the morning."
Bill frowned "guys?"
The guard nodded slowly. "You've got a cell mate."
Bill nodded a bit, noting the guards trembling hands as he unlocked the door. He opened it just a crack. "Go on in."
Bill frowned and squeezed through the barely open door. The guard practically slammed it shut behind him and Bill found himself in almost complete darkness.
It was worse in here. He had to stop and let his eyes adjust to the practically non-existent lighting. Slowly, his eyes came into focus and he was able to pick out two beds, one on each side of the cell, as far from each other as they could get. There was a toilet in one corner and nothing else. Bill frowned and looked around for the cell mate the guard had mentioned. It was absolutely quiet and he saw no movement at all. A chain with a manacle hung from the wall, the part that secured around a wrist broke in half. “Hello?” He said cautiously, not liking the odd feeling that surrounded him in the room. A slight sound drew his eyes and he saw surprised to see someone looking at him from under the bed on his right. The faint light reflected in the whites of its eyes and a figure slowly moved out. Bill froze and realized it was a little girl. She climbed out from under the bed, clutching a doll and smiled. “Hi there.”
He frowned a little. “Hi. I don’t think you’re supposed to be playing in here.”
She shook her head. “Oh no, they let me play in here all the time.”
He frowned. “This is a prison. I’ll call the guard back. Your parents are probably looking for you.” He turned to the door.
“No.” She said sharply and he looked back at her. She shook her head hard. “My parents never come see me.”
A shiver ran through him. “Come see you…here?”
She nodded. “Not once since I came here.”
He stared at the girl. Barely more than two feet tall and a complete child. “Are you a prisoner here?”
She nodded. “I am.”
He shook his head. “Wait, you can’t be in here. You’re a little girl.”
She shrugged innocently. “Well, I’m here.”
He narrowed his eyes. “How old are you?”
“Six.” She grinned, proud of the number.
Bill took a step back, heart hammering. This had to be some kind of sick joke.  
“I’m supposed to have a cellmate.” He frowned. 
She nodded. “That’s me. I’m so glad you’re here now. We’re going to have so much fun.”
He shook his head and turned to the solid door, banging his fist on it. “Hey, come back here! There’s a little girl in here!”
He waited but no sound came from outside. He sighed and turned back. “I guess we’ll have to wait to talk to him until breakfast.” 
She giggled. “Oh, you’re funny. I like you.” She plopped down on the bed, settling her doll in her lap. “Why are you here?”
He bit his lip. “Robbing a jewelry store.”
She nodded. “Ooh.” She drew the word out with all childishness. 
He hesitated, afraid to ask. “What are you in here for?”
She shrugged and stood her doll up. “I killed someone.” She twisted the dolls head. “And another someone.” With a careless look she tossed the doll, letting it thunk against the wall.
Bill felt dizzy. This couldn’t be real.
The little girl looked up at him curiously. “How long did they give you?”
“Two years.” He said dazedly.
She frowned. “Oh, that’s not nearly long enough. I’m in for life. You have to stay with me.”
His jaw went slack and he stared at her. She narrowed her eyes at him and he felt a tremor run through him. He didn’t like it when she looked unhappy. “Sorry. I’ll be leaving in two years.”
“No. I want you to stay.” She stood and put her hands on her hips.
He shrugged. “They sentenced me to two years.”
She waved a tiny hand. “Oh, we can fix that. We can get you a life sentence in no time.”
She said it so casually. Like she was talking about what dress to put her doll in. It terrified Bill.
She looked up at him sharply and waited for an answer. He nodded slightly. “Yeah, alright.” 
She grinned. “Oh, good.” She skittered across the floor and scooped up her doll, carefully arranging the little locks of hair like she hadn’t just flung it against the concrete walls. 
Bill looked around uncertainly. “Which bed is mine?” He asked, not wanting to risk invading the tiny inmates territory. 
She looked up at him quizzically. “Well, this one is mine. And that one is Dolly’s. I suppose you can sleep on the floor.”
Bill glanced down at the hard concrete skeptically but didn’t have any desire to argue with her. Tomorrow he would talk to the guard and get moved into a different cell. It would only be uncomfortable for one night. “Alright.” He nodded.
She grinned. “Good.” Her face immediately changed and she yawned. “I’m tired. I’m going to go to bed.” 
Bill nodded a bit. “Okay.” 
She tipped her head at him. “What’s your name?”
“Bill.” He said slowly, not wanting to give her information about himself that she could somehow use against him. 
She smiled. “Hi Bill. Bill, will you tuck me in?”
He nodded a bit and stepped closer to her. She scrambled up into his arms like the little girl she was and clung to his neck. He walked over to the bed, sweat rolling down his back, and pulled the covers away, glad when she released her hold and plopped down onto the mattress. She snuggled down into the pillow and he tucked the covers up around her. He noticed a raw red mark on her wrist. “What’s that?”
She pointed up at the broken manacle. “From that. I got it off. It hurts.” She held her arms out with the doll. “Can you tuck Dolly in too?”
He nodded and took the doll, discreetly feeling her cloth body for any type of razor blade or other deadly device the girl might resort to in the middle of the night. There was nothing and the doll just smiled at him with a painted face. He carried it over to the other bed and tucked her in carefully to avoid incurring the child’s wrath. He stepped back and glanced at the floor, then back at the bed. “Say, do you think me and Dolly could have a sleep over?”
The little girl look appalled. “Dolly is much too young to get married, or anything else. No.”
He raised an eyebrow. “Well, could you and her have a sleep over?”  
She shook her head. “No. Dolly doesn’t like sharing.” She sat up and looked at him. “And it’s no good to make enemies with Dolly.”
Or her owner. Bill nodded obediently. “Alright. I’ll remember that.” He stretched out on the floor but didn’t close his eyes. The little girl sighed and leaned over the edge of the bed to see him. 
 “I messed up the covers. Can you tuck me in again?”
He nodded slowly and got back to his feet, tucking the blankets in around her as tight as she could, hoping it might somehow keep her in. She wiggled. “That’s uncomfy.” 
“Sorry.” He said quickly and loosened them.
“Thanks Bill.” She sighed. 
“You’re welcome.” He plastered on a smile and stepped back to the far wall, sliding down it into a sitting position. 
She looked at him. “Aren’t you going to sleep? You look tired.”
He nodded. “Yeah, I’m going to.” He immediately slid down onto his back. 
She smiled. “Okay, Bill.”
He swallowed hard. “Goodnight…What’s your name?”
“Precious. Precious Angel Smith.”
The name terrified him. “Goodnight, Precious.”
“Goodnight Bill.”
It wasn’t no time at all before she fell asleep, but Bill wouldn’t let himself. He knew the instant he did she would cut his kidney’s out and feed them to her doll. He made himself stay awake. Every hour or so she would stir and look around, so he kept his eyes half closed, and his breathing heavy. At one point he started to fake snore but that made her toss around more so he quickly stopped. His eyelids grew heavy and he could hardly think, but he forced himself to stay awake. 
Sometime in the early morning she sat straight up and turned her head both directions, like some kind of automated doll. She carefully pulled the blankets back and swung her legs over the bed, touching her toes tentatively to the cold floor. Then she hopped up and padded silently over to her dolls bed. Bill kept an eye cracked, watching to see what weapon she would come up with. 
“Hi Dolly.” She said softly. “Yes, I like him. No, I think he’ll do.”
She paused between her sentences but no answer came from the doll. Bill shivered. Precious went still and turned around slowly, her eyes swinging down to him. He clamped his eyes shut tight.  “Bill, what are you doing?”
He forced grogginess into his voice. “I was sleeping.”
She giggled and he opened his eyes, afraid to keep her out of sight too long. 
“Oh Bill, you’re funny.” She frowned suddenly and put her hands on her hips. “Do you have a mom?”
He nodded slowly. “Everyone does.”
She shook her head. “Yes, but not everyone has a mom who is around. Mine never comes to see me. So do you have a mom?”
He nodded. “Yes, I have a mom.”
“Didn’t she teach you not to lie?”
He swallowed. “Yes.”
“Then don’t lie to me. Why are you awake?” He shrugged a little. “I can’t sleep. I’m not used to being in a cell.”
She nodded. “You’ll get used to it.” There was sympathy in her voice now. “You should really get some sleep though. We have such a big day tomorrow.”
He nodded slightly. “Yeah, alright.”
She climbed back into bed and tucked herself in this time, promptly going back to sleep. Bill watched her all night and was grateful when morning came. He stood and waited near the door so he could talk to the guard when he brought the food. He had to get out of here. 
Precious sat up and yawned. “Hi Bill.” Her eyes were glazed and her movements slow, like she wasn’t truly awake. 
“Hi, Precious.” He shifted uncomfortably. She climbed out of bed and walked over to him. “Do you know how to play hide and seek?”
He nodded. “Yeah.”
“Have you ever played before?”
He nodded. “I used to play with my little sister.”
“You have a sister?” She grinned, revealing a missing front tooth.
“I did.” 
“Did she die?” Her eyes lit up suddenly and she seemed to come alive.
He nodded a bit, not wanting to talk about it, not liking how the word woke her up. 
“What happened?” She pressed. 
He swallowed. “She got sick.”
“Did they take her to a hospital?”
“Several.” He nodded. “They couldn’t fix her.”
She smiled. “Your sister is just like me.” He wanted to puke at the idea. “They took me to hospitals too. Lots of them. With white padded rooms I could bounce in. Mommy and Daddy never came to see me, but the bouncing was fun. There were lots of doctors, with clipboards and lots of questions. They took Dolly away and left me all alone.” She frowned. “I didn’t like that. So I went and got Dolly back. Then things got confusing, and they couldn’t fix me either. So I came here.”
Bill wondered if ‘confusing’ was kindergartener speak for ‘I killed two people’. “I see.” He said slowly. He turned back to the door to see if he could hear anyone coming yet. 
“Are you hungry, bill?”
He nodded. “Yeah. The guard told me he’d bring food in the morning.” 
“You can have some of mine.”
“I’m sure he will bring enough for both of us.”
“No, mine.” He looked over at her, rummaging through a little pink backpack and pulled out a Barbie lunchbox. She handed it over to him. “Eat up.”
He opened it hesitantly, her eyes fixed on him. Inside was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, along with a juice pack. Not the human meat sandwich he’d somehow been expecting. 
“I love PB and J’s.” She said with a smile. “Mostly the jelly. Especially red jelly. I love red. It’s so pretty.”
Red like blood, Bill thought. “I like blue.”
She shook her head. “Oh no, not blue. I like red.”
“Okay, red it is.” He smiled painfully. He held the tin out to her. “You should eat it, since it’s your favorite.”
She shook her head. “No, you can have it. It’s been in there forever.”
Bill glanced at the sandwich safe in it’s Ziploc bag. There was no sign of mold or any type of age on it. 
Precious suddenly scowled fiercely and he was about ready to tear in and devour the sandwich when she stomped over to the other bed and snatch the doll up. “Dolly! You slept in! We have to get up. There’s stuff to do.” She flung her at the wall. “bad girl.” The doll thumped on the floor and she stomped over and shook her finger. “Think about what you’ve done. Bill is going to eat your sandwich.” She turned to the person in question. “Eat it. Make her feel bad.”
“I thought you said I shouldn’t become her enemy.” He protested.
Precious frowned. “You shouldn’t make me one either.”
He nodded quickly and opened the sandwich, taking a huge bite. It didn’t taste poisoned. “Yum.” 
She smiled and cast a smug look at the doll. “I’m gonna drink your juice pack.” She snatched it from the lunch box and opened it, draining it in seconds. She crumpled the package and tossed it at the doll. 
Bill finished the sandwich and waited to see if a terrible illness would strike his body. Precious grinned. “Let’s play hide and seek.”
He frowned. “I want to talk to the guard when he gets here.”
“Why, you already ate?”
“I want to ask him about playing.” He stalled.
She waved a hand. “I play all the time. You can too.”
 “I haven’t been here as long.” He argued weakly. “I think I should ask.”
“Fine.” She sighed. “Then we play.”
“okay.” He nodded, wondering how she thought she could hide in this tiny, practically empty room. He waited, wondering when the guard would come. Would he let him out of this room? He’d never been to prison before, but wasn’t he supposed to be able to wander around? Work out, read, get beat up by other prisoners? He wasn’t going to stay locked in a cell with a kindergartener was he?
What seemed like an eternity later he heard footsteps coming. The lock clicked and the door opened a crack. “Breakfast.” Came the rushed voice as two plates slid in on the floor. 
“I need to talk to you.” Bill said but the door was already closing. 
He rammed his hand into it, wincing at the pain, but forcing his arm further through the crack. The guard tried to pull it closed but he pushed his shoulder through, then the rest of his body. The guard yanked it shut behind him. “What are you trying to do, let her out?”
Bill shook his head. “No, just get me out. I need to talk to you?”
“What?” the guard seemed terrified just being on this end of the corridor.
“I can’t stay in there with her. She’s freaking me out.”
“You have to stay there. Orders.”
“Please! I’ll do anything. You can stick me in with the meanest, biggest, most terrible person in the whole prison. Just don’t make me go back in there with that kid.”
The guard shook his head firmly. “You have to be in there with her.”
He moved to open the door again but Bill pushed his hand away. “There has to be some other way. I can’t stay in there with her.”
The guard scowled. “You have to.” He pulled the door open and pushed Bill through the crack, leaning in close. “Just don’t play hide and seek.” He whispered before slamming the door in Bill’s face.




2 comments:

  1. OK- this is awesome! You should finish it! It totally creeped me out, but at the same time left me wanting more! :D Reminds me of Chuck-E O.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have the story finished, now I just need to get it put into a post. Part two has already been posted. Here is the link
      http://wonderfulworldofmylife.blogspot.com/2014/10/horror-story-part-2.html
      I've watched Chuck-E!!!

      Delete