Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Dilemma

 
I have a dilemma readers. Of epic proportions. The Super Bowl is this Sunday.
And I don't have a team to cheer for.

When I found out it would be the Patriots and the Seahawks, I fully planned to root for the Seahawks.
But. That dreaded word.
I then discovered that Russell Wilson did an add promoting Obamacare, and basically said that it was the best option out there.

Now, I don't care what your views are on our president. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But I find Obamacare a hard pill to swallow, because it is blatantly funding abortion. Abortion is something I never will stand behind.

Russell Wilson claims to be a Christian, and I can't say yay or nay on that, I'm not God, but I can't stand behind someone who supports the murder of babies (even in a roundabout way)- even in something as trivial as a football game. Now I know he is only one man on the team, but I've just never been a Seahawks fan anyway.

Moving on to the Patriots. A) They're cheaters. And I don't really care too much about them deflating the footballs, because they've been cheating for years and everyone knows it.
But Tom Brady.
 
That man. I just can't.
Every time he opens his mouth something arrogant comes out.
And he hurts my eyes. I'm just saying.
Not to mention the Pat's ALWAYS beat my favorite teams, and they cut Tim Tebow.

So I have two teams that I despise. What to do? The super bowl is the biggest game of the year. I wait and plead for it for months. Now I'm supposed to root for no one? Me and my family have been discussing it for weeks, and we all know we really need to have a team picked, because my pastor invited us and several other people over for the game. I need to have a team!

So...I have decided to stake my allegiance with the Patriots.
Make note of this people, because it will Never, EVER happen again.
 
This support of the Patriots is more of a disguise though, as I will ultimately be cheering for the best pass rush. Every time a quarter back gets sacked, hit, or roughed up in any way you will hear me (well maybe you won't hear it, but I will be) screaming in victory. I don't care which one it is, I will be happy.
No matter who wins I'll be able to say
"Well, I'm glad the Seahawks didn't win."
Or, "I'm sure glad the Patriots didn't win."
 
I suppose this could be seen as a good thing. No matter what I'll be happy with the loser.
 
Oh if only it could have been Green Bay or the Colts!

2 comments:

  1. I honestly don't understand American football haha. However, I can see why you would have a dilemma :)

    ReplyDelete