Thursday, January 15, 2015

An Idea

Hi all!

So I got an idea for a story the other day.
And I will not let myself actually write it yet, because I am working on Running Crazy, and RP Fantasy still, and I'm trying really hard to get them done- But that doesn't mean I can't make a Pinterest board and a book video.

Let me back up a little before I dump the whole load of self made fangirl paraphernalia on you.

See, I watched this video here and discovered the song Hey Brother by Avicii. And I loved it.
And I thought it would really fit my Dynamic Duo story.

But then I was sitting in the tractor waiting for Dad to get the feed wagon filled, and it hit me.
Twins. Identical twins. Identical, royal twins. Based off that song.
(don't tell me they can't be identical twins, because they are the exact same actor)

Here is the summary of the idea, thus far titled Hey Brother. I do not have character names picked out yet, so please forgive me.

Set in a medieval, identical twins are born to the king and queen. One of them is a grand total of six minutes older than the other, so he is set to inherit the throne. He resents this though, and when he is thirteen he runs away and no one is able to find him. To cover up the embarrassment and potential catastrophe that would come with their son and crown prince running away, the king and queen ask their remaining son to pretend to be his brother,  fully expecting the crown prince to come to his senses and return.
But he doesn't come back. Six years go by, and though they still keep his abandonment a secret, they exhaust every avenue they have to find him, but he manages to evade them all.
The remaining prince is still juggling both lives, attending some gatherings as himself, and others as his brother. Fulfilling his brother's duties as a suitor to a foreign princess, while avoiding all other females on his own. Political unrest between the country and its neighbors builds when the King falls deathly ill. The prince is faced with a decision to become his brother for good, or find a way to fake his death and go back to being just himself. He stalls this decision as long as possible because he loves the girl his brother was betrothed to marry, but he is wary of taking it any farther because he doesn't want to commit to being his brother for the rest of his life. While on a trip to meet with some ambassadors, he stumbles upon a man who looks just like him.
Being reunited with his brother is a tense thing at best, and there are a lot of hard feelings between the two. He decides to stall any revelations when his brother announces that he knows of a spy in the king's court, and a assassination and conquest plan underway. The two brothers agree to join forces to find who is behind these plans, and save the kingdom.

Here is  the video. It was too big to load on here, but tell me if it doesn't work.

There are a lot of things I need to figure out more, but that sums it up. As for the video, I couldn't get very good quality picture on some of the parts, because I don't have a way to save music videos, deleted scenes, and movie trailers, onto my computer like I did with the Eragon movie, so excuse the blurriness and poor filming on my part for some of it. It is the first book video I have ever made and I like it a lot, since it was just for fun.
 

Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I love this story idea, cool video too. Love all the things is had in it, Inkheart, Eragon, and Pan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome! I would defiantly pick it up off the library self.

    ReplyDelete