Friday, January 23, 2015

Beautiful People- Author edition

 
 
Hi! It's time for Beautiful People again, and this month it's all about me!!
*ahem* I mean us.
The authors.
Anyway, these questions are amazing so I'm going to get right to them. 

How many years have you been writing? 
Literally, since I was in kindergarten. They weren't good stories, but I wrote lots of them. 

When did you officially consider yourself a ‘writer’?
About when I was 13, even though the stories I wrote at that age aren't allowed to see the light of day. 
 
 
How/why did you start writing?
Well, when I was little it was for two reasons. A) I either wanted a story to end different than it did, or I wanted a sequel, so I would write it how I wanted. 
B) I loved to read and I had so many ideas of my own that I wanted to get out. 

What’s your favorite part of writing? 
When it finally fits. Whatever I'm working on finally clicks and the characters are real and I don't have to force the plot anymore. I also am
Thrilled with story boarding. 

 
What’s your biggest writing struggle?
Staying off Pinterest. And fleshing out plots. Characters are easy, but plots trip me all the time. Oh! And research. Blasted stuff. 

 
Do you write best at night or day?
I do most of my writing in the evening when I'm not busy, but I don't know if it's my best. I can think better in the evening. 

What does your writing space look like? (Feel free to show us pictures!)
Generally, it looks like my living room, but if I want to retreat, I go here-


 
 
How long does it typically take you to write a complete draft?
I don't know...most of my stories have taken a year at least. One took like four years. But I've done them in a month too...I'm going to say it takes me a year to write the first draft. 

How many projects do you work on at once?
I've had as many as six, and as few as one, but I typically have at least two going. 

Do you prefer writing happy endings, sad ones, or somewhere in between?
In between. I don't want to be a complete beast to whatever readers I have, but completely happy endings don't seem real to me. 

List a few authors who’ve influenced your writing journey.
Louis L'amoure, Christopher Paolini, and Hilda Stahl influenced my writing style. Jill Williamson and Stephanie Morrill influenced my writing development. 
 
 
Do you let people read your writing? Why or why not?
Yes. Certain people. If I trust them, I want their feedback. Or someone to fangirl with me. 

What’s your ultimate writing goal or dream?
To be published by a company big enough that I can walk into the local bookstore and see my book on the shelf. 

If you didn’t write, what would you want to do?
Ranch. 

Do you have a book you'd like to write one day but don’t feel you’re ready to attempt it yet? 
I have a pirate one I'd like to write, but I'm trying to iron out the morality part of it. We'll see.  There's a few others that deal with touchy subjects that I'm a little leary of too. 

Which story has your heart and won't let go?
My first real length story, the Eiders of Carstindad. It's not even read worthy, but I love the characters. 
 
 
There you have it!

4 comments:

  1. PENS IN ENEGRY DRINK CANS. I need that in my life!

    I love reading this linkup- everyone is so different :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I needed a way to hold pens.
      It is. I like all the different answers people come up with.

      Delete
  2. Pintrest is a struggle for me too, Love your writing space, Solitary Tales :D
    Does that mean you trust me than, horrible decision really.
    XD love reading things like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Pinterest is the bane of most writers' existence. Thanks! ...still need to finish those...Haha, yes it does mean I trust you, and thus far it has turned out to be a marvelous decision.

      Delete