Saturday, January 17, 2015

AADD

Assemble Minions!!
I just found out that yesterday was Appreciate A Dragon Day (AADD)! This was started by Donita K. Paul, whose writing I have yet to read, but I refuse to miss a chance to yap about dragons.  Since holidays always bleed into the weekend that follows them, I am claiming today as my dragon appreciation day.

I love dragons. I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to them, several pictures and posters of them all over the wall, and I love to read about them. They are just so amazing.

So, without further ado, here is me showing my appreciation for dragons.

My Favorite Dragon Books:

Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Eldest- by Christopher Paolini
 
This series is amazing. If you haven't read it, you should. The dragons in it are amazing, not to mention Murtagh and the other characters. There are even whole chapters wrote from the dragons' perspectives!
 
The Dragons of Starlight: Starlighter, Warrior, Diviner, Liberatr- Bryan Davis
 
 
I haven't finished this series yet, but I've read the first two and I'm in love with them. The dragons are completely different than most dragons, but in a good way. And the characters are to die for.
 
 
My Favorite Fictional Dragons:
 
Thorn and Sapphira from The Inheritance cycle (the red and blue ones on the covers)
Thorn is such a tortured little (giant) guy, and Sapphira has so much sass.
 
Smaug from The Hobbit
He was terrifying. And I can use his line now.
 
Eustace from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
He made a much better dragon than a boy.
 
 
Favorite Dragon Pictures and Quotes:
 
 
Favorite Bible verses about dragons:
 
Isaiah 13:22
And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.
 
Job 30:29
I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.
.....I have something to admit guys....I've never wrote a dragon in any of my stories. *ashamed*
I do plan for there to be mention of them in RP Fantasy, but I have no actual dragons playing roles in any of my stories. Oh well. I still love them.
 
 
























 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Oh! You should really read the Dragon Keeper Chronicles by Donita K. Paul! Although I feel she got a LOT of inspiration from the LOTRs, it's really, really good. I've read them twice. The dragons are so fun. Especially Bardon and his dragon Greer (I think that's his name, I haven't read them in a while), their relationship is so funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dragons in the Inheritance Cycle are my favourite. And that line from Smaug is great!

    Appreciate A Dragon Day is a great idea. We must keep this day going.

    ReplyDelete