Monday, January 5, 2015

Mockingjay Part 1 Review

Hi!
My dad took us to see the last showing of Mockingjay part 1 a few weeks ago.
It was so good!


So I thought I would tell you guys what I thought of it.

First off, the movie theater experience wasn't nearly as fun, because when the place is full of strangers, my family doesn't laugh like Caesar Flickerman,


or do the Mockingjay whistle, or scream GALE!!!

We're much more reserved with an audience.

But the movie was still good.

My family said it wasn't as exciting as the Catching Fire movie, but it did follow the book, so the lack of excitement was simply because most of the movie took place in District 13 under ground. But the movie was no where near boring.
It's been a while since I've read the books, so I may have forgot some minute details, but all the major points were present in the movie, and the things they did change were not soul crushing, so I was very happy.
I absolutely love The Hanging Tree song that Katniss sings in the movie, and I now have it on my ipod, and am learning to play it on guitar.


For those of you who want to know about inappropriate content, there was none. No cussing. And a little itty bitty tiny kiss. That was it. If you don't like gore this movie had way more in it than the others. There was blood, there were wounded and dead people. So that might bother some people. Other than that it gets a squeaky clean report.

My love for Gale continues to grow. I just cant find fault in the guy. I'm sorry.
My dislike for Peeta remains steadfast.
My family was devastated seeing him in his hijacked form. It was pretty freaky. I applaud the makeup artist who worked on him for this movie. He looked malnourished and tortured for sure.
Finnick! I savored every moment. I kind of wished some of his *ehem* awkward lines had made it from the book into the movie, but oh well. I'll survive.

Anyway, it was a great movie, and I cannot wait for the last one to come out! Mockingjay is totally worth the watch. It must hurry and come out on DVD.

8 comments:

  1. I loved it, and I am learning the Hanging Tree song on Piano. It is so cool that were both learning it. My dislike for Peeta grew too :D, Gale really is the better choice. Finnick I wish they would have put more of his creepy lines in too, because they really made his character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! That is so cool! Haha, Awesome! We agree!! I'm always happy when someone sides with me and Gale over Peeta. Yes. His lines really made him. He didn't seem quite as insane in the movie as he did in the book.

      Delete
  2. I learnt to play The Hanging Tree on guitar after I saw the movie as well xD

    THIS MOVIE TORE ME UP. I was on the edge on my seat the whole time. There was not even a minute to relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is obsessed with that song!
      It was so intense!!

      Delete
  3. I really want to see this movie. Seeing the pictures of beat-up Peeta really freaked me out too. I'm sure I'll be crying. From what I saw of the movie trailer, Gale seemed better in this movie than he is in the actual book. I have nothing against Gale, expect in the MockingJay book. Honestly, the way he disappeared at the end just made me see all the things wrong with him. I liked him more in the first two books. The Hanging Tree is so good! I'm so glad they put that in there. I can't wait till the last one comes out so I can see Peeta get better. Great post!
    In Christ,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I saw him, because I know how much you like him!
      Gale isn't in the movie as much...or maybe he just doesn't say very much. I loved him in the books more than I like him in the movies. I would have left at the end too, just my opinion. Yes!! I was so thrilled when she started singing it.

      Delete
  4. The Hanging Tree has been stuck in my head ever since I saw the movie! It is just so great! I really missed Finnick in this movie also since he is one of my favorite characters. Overall, the movie was stellar and I can't wait to see what they do for Mockingjay Part 2!

    Carly @ Books and Etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Yes. Finnick is amazing. I wanted more of him before I have to go through part 2:'(
      Agreed!

      Delete