Monday, December 1, 2014

A Few Awards

Hi! While I was gone in Wyoming I was tagged for six posts, so I'm not going to do them all together, but I am going to lump them into three posts so I don't fill up your feed with random facts about myself and such. I was nominated for these three by Sarah from Forever Changed. Thank you Sarah!


One Lovely Blog Award
Rules of the Award:
1.- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2.- List the rules and display the award.
3.- Add 7 facts about yourself.
4.- Nominate 15 other bloggers. 
5.- Follow on blogger the person who nominated you

1. I've got a cold right now.
2. I'm currently reading three books.
3. I drew all my favorite logo's onto my sleeping bag with a permanent marker.
4. I always claim the black kittens out of the litters.
5. I owned a black stallion for three years...now I own a black gelding.
6. I go absolutely crazy when I get tired.
7. I love Glenn Beck.
Moving on....

 
 
The Rules:
*Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers.
*Thank whoever nominated you, and link to their blog. List who you've nominated in the post.
*Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right clicking, saving, and uploading the image.)
*Comment on each blog and let them know you've nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created. 
*Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing! (It happens LOL.)  
*For this award, you must nominate 15 peeps. You can't just go "I nominate this blog whoever wants it comment below" like that. You can decline the award also if you do not want to do the above rules.  
 
Okay, first off, I do not have the original post on Edge of Night, so sorry, I can't link back to it.
 
Anyway-
1. I started The Wonderful World of My Life because I liked sharing my world with people. So many of my online friends weren't really sure what I meant when I said things like 'moving cows' or 'irrigating' and I thought blogging would be a great way of showing them what I was talking about. I also really wanted to be able to take part in writing linkups like all my favorite bloggers did. At that point I really didn't care if anyone read them, I just wanted to be able to find pictures and answer all the questions and that fun stuff.
 
2. Hmmm, advice for new bloggers....
Write whatever you want.
When I was going to start a blog everyone I talked to told me that I should only blog about one subject, or else people wouldn't really like my blog. They said to only blog about writing, or only do book reviews, or only post about my life. And I just disagree. The point of blogging is to have fun, writing about what you love. If that happens to be three or even six different topics, go for it. If someone doesn't like a certain type post, they are under no obligation to read it. Also, don't worry about the numbers. Most blogs aren't going to hit 3 billion followers in one year. It's going to take a little while for word of your blog to get around and for people to start commenting and things like that that make us feel like successful bloggers. The followers will come. So will the views and comments. Just be patient and have fun with it. But keep in mind (to paraphrase a Bible verse) if you want friends, you have to be friendly. Read other people's blogs and take the time to leave meaningful comments. Set your blog URL as your signature. Most people follow up on people who take interest in their blogs.
 

Here are the questions:

Q1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
This is going to be a weird answer, but I only get sick while reading in the backseat of cars. If I'm in the front seat, or in a larger vehicle, I don't get sick at all.

Q2. Books with or without illustrations?
Well, most the books I read don't have illustrations, just because that's not the norm for YA books, but when I love a detailed front cover, and when I was younger and reading middle grade, I loved illustrations.

Q3. Bookmark or a random piece of paper?
Dog ear. Really, it's usually a random piece of paper if I actually use a marker. Football cards, magazine subscription cards. Right now I'm using a tissue to mark a book (it's clean, I promise). But I do own some very pretty bookmarks.

 Q4.What is the thinnest book on your shelf?

This one.


Q5. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
It's a tie between Inheritance by Christopher Paolini (read it) and Blackveil by Kristen Britain (don't read it).

Q6.When did you start getting into reading?
Before I could read. My mom read me the Little House on the Prairie, and Anne of Green Gables books for bedtime stories, and my dad read me Louis L'amour westerns.

Q7.What is your favorite classic book?
I've only read three, and my favorite is Little Women.

Q9. What is your favorite word?
Psychotic. I'm not even joking. I like using it in my every day conversations, and in writing. I can never remember how to spell it though....

Q10.One book at a time or several?
It depends what day it is. I go through phases where I will read six books at once, and then I will go for months and only read one book at a time.


That's all the awards from Sarah! I'm just going to list my nominations and you guys can pick and choose which, or all, or any of the ones you choose to take part in. And if you do the Ultimate Book tag, you can just answer the same questions I did, because I thought they were pretty good and I have neither space nor energy to think of my own.

Wild Horse @ Opal Swirls
Jillian @ Covers and Ink
Skye @ Ink Castles
J @ The Journeys of my Beating Heart
Jessy @Barefoot in the Snow
Alyssa @ Bits and Spurs
Carly @Books and Etc

....I know I was supposed to tag 15 people for the Blogger Recognition Award, but I'm having a little trouble because I follow tons of blogs, but so few of them are active anymore....So, I guess this is all I'm going to nominate. The blog tag police can come get me if they want.








6 comments:

  1. Hi Maddie, glad your back. Thanks for tagging me :) I always pick the black cat too. Good advice by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for tagging me Maddie!
    I know what you mean about reading heaps of books then just one for a month... I do that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tagging me!!!!! :) I think I'll be doing all of these and posting them sometime during December.
    I've only read a handful of classics, too. Little Women is also my favorite. Who's your favorite March sister? I was just wondering about that. I've always had a connection with Jo March and Meg March.

    Carly @ Books and Etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Awesome, I can't wait to read them.
      Cool. Jo is by far my favorite. Me and her are very similar. But I wish I could be more like Meg XP

      Delete