Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Reached- A Book Review

I've been doing basically all reading and no writing lately, so I have several book reviews in the works.

Today I am reviewing Reached by Ally Condie. It's the final book in the Matched series. (I need to stop starting series' at the same time, because then I finish them all at once and I'm an emotional wreck)



Let us consult Goodreads:

After leaving Society to desperately seek The Rising, and each other, Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again. Cassia is assigned undercover in Central city, Ky outside the borders, an airship pilot with Indie. Xander is a medic, with a secret. All too soon, everything shifts again.

The feels are strong in this one. It's going to get four hearts.
♥♥♥♥
For once in my life I was not disappointed by how the love triangle turned out. (that's a rare feeling for me) As far as the plot goes, it was very good. There were lots of twists and 'edge of your seat' moments. There were several times I was ready to crawl into the book and beat the characters senseless, and then a few chapters later I would discover they actually did have a brain in their heads and knew what was going on. I really appreciated that the characters changed and grew, while still keeping the personalities I had grown to love throughout the last two books. I did miss Ky and Xander's banter, but I suppose there really wasn't any place to fit that sort of thing in.
There were some horribly sad moments, and some perfectly thrilling moments, so overall I was very pleased with the book. I don't have anything too negative to say. there was some language, but nothing too horrible, and not much of it, and there was also some kissing.
Reached threw me for a loop several times. Some of the guesses I made while reading the first two books turned out to be wrong. I found myself hating people that I'm not sure the reader was supposed to hate. There were strings tied up that I didn't expect to go together but they did, and it was amazing. Some of he background characters that I became attached to got thing sorted out for them, and that was great.
All in all it was a very satisfying end to the series.
The only bad thing I can say about the whole experience is that halfway through the book I was certain my favorite love interest was going to die, and Minion 1 had to be annoying and read the last page and kept taunting me with her knowledge of who Cassia ended up with.
Such is the life of a bookworm big sister I guess.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I read this book! It was great, my favorite of the series. For some reason, I've never disappointed on how a love triangle turns out, but I liked Xander a lot more in this book. His perspective was great! Thanks for the review:) Merry Christmas Eve!
    In Christ,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it too. Honestly the first book was my favorite. Oh I loved Xander to death. I was just pulling for ky with the romance aspect. Merry christmas!

      Delete
  2. Really nice review! I agree with you on liking how the love triangle ended up...I personally thought this book was a little boring in the middle though.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    -Lauren <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I may have thought it was slow in the middle too, I can't remember xp I started it several months ago and put it on pause to read some other books, then started it again.
      Merry christmas to you and yours too!

      Delete