Thursday, December 4, 2014

Another Tag!

I was nominated for the Best Blogging Buddies Award by Rachel from Secret Scribblings. Thanks Rachel!

As always, rules must come fist.
 
 You must make a post to show your award on your main blog.
You must tag the person who nominated you in your post.
You must nominate all of your best buddies, and those whom you want to become best buddies with, who, to your knowledge, have not been nominated for this award.
You must ask your buddies at least 15 questions in your post.
You must answer all of the questions your buddies ask you on your post.


Now that such formalities are dealt with,
The Questions!
 
1. What is your favorite book from your childhood?
I read Daniel Boone over and over again. I have no clue who wrote it or where my copy of it went, but I loved it. I also read a book full of really creepy fairy tales with awesome illustrations to the point of the poor books destruction. I recently found out it is an antique and would cost like $300 dollars to replace....I also read the Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and the original Peter Pan over and over again....was I supposed to answer with just one?
 
2.What is your method for keeping track of your writing ideas? (e.g., I have mine all categorized in a three-ring binder.)
Hehe, um...I scribble it down wherever. On a scrap of paper, on a note in my ipod, my arm. I just jot it down and eventually it ends up in one of the many folders full of paper in my bedroom.
 
3. Have you ever participated in any writing contests (e.g. Nanowrimo, 100/100), and how did you do?
I've done 100/100 twice. The first time I was a winner, and the second time I'm not done yet, but I think I'm still on track. I've also done Camp Nano and won that, and I'm doing Nanowrimo right now, but I'm behind. I've also taken part in lots of Go Teen Writers Prompt contests and I've won and been a finalist in several of those.
 
4. Tea or coffee (or hot chocolate)?
Coffee.
 
5. Have you ever traveled outside your country? Where?
Nope. I watched Lost. I will not be flying over seas as a result.
 
6. How long have you been blogging? Is this your first blog?
Just over a year. It's my first blogger blog, but I did run one on Sisterhood before this.
 
7. Where do you usually do most of your writing?
In my recliner in the living room.
 
8. Of all the characters you've ever written, who is your favorite and why?
Ack! You can't make me choose that! I love so many of them, but my old standby is Darren Fairbanks. The poor guy is in my first novel I ever finished and the story is absolutely awful, so I don't visit him much, but he was the perfect mix of sass and seriousness, and he could never decide if he was more of a father figure or a older brother or what. He was bucket loads of fun to write.
 
9. Do you have any pets? Do you want any?
I have an insane Red Heeler named Maggie and a handful of cats and some horses, and one cow that looks like the rugs you see in western stores.
 
10. What do you do when you're not writing?
Work. School. Read. Watch tv. Give guitar lessons. Pretty much live my life. Most of my writing is done at night.
 
11. Do you ever get writing inspiration from tv shows/movies?
All the time, which makes  a real struggle to keep it at inspiration and not plagiarism.
 
12. Horror or thrillers, or neither of them, ever?
I watch and read both equally. I don't read many horrors or thrillers, but when I find a good one I will read it. I watch thrillers a lot, but I love a good horror movie.
 
13. Was there ever a time you thought the movie was actually better than the book?
....No. There were a few times I thought the actor playing a character was better looking than the illustrations and fanart, but the book is always better.
 
14. What is your favorite holiday/special occasion and why?
Christmas I think, because I usually get to see all of my family on that day. And it has one of the most special meanings out of all of them, I think.
 
15. Would you rather BE a dragon, or HAVE a dragon?
I would much rather have a dragon.
 
BONUS ROUND:
And now, these age-old questions; Which is better:
Pirates or ninjas?
Ninjas or Jedi?
And why?

And I guess Ninjas. Because aren't Jedi from Star wars, or star treck or one of those wacky space shows? And Pirates rule.
 

 
I nominate (if you're tired of tags, feel free to skip. You guys are just on my nominating list)

Wild Horse @ Opal Swirls
Jillian @ Covers and Ink
Skye @ Ink Castles
J @ The Journeys of my Beating Heart
Jessy @Barefoot in the Snow
Alyssa @ Bits and Spurs
Carly @Books and Etc
Sarah @ Forever Changed
Lauren @ Loving our Creator


And, here are your questions:

1. Have you seen Mockingjay Part 1 yet? (No spoilers please, if you have)
2. What did you eat too much of on Thanksgiving?
3. Do you have any odd tradition that you do for a certain holiday?
4. Jack Sparrow or Will Turner?
5. Have you ever blocked someone on Facebook?
6. Do you subscribe to any magazines?
7. If you're a fiction writer, do you prefer to write male or female characters?
8. Do you have a youtube channel?
9. What is a hobby you would love to be able to pick up without having to learn any skills?
10. What is your dream job?
11. Have you ever been to summer camp? Ever worked at one?
12. What is the farthest you have ever traveled from home?
13. Would you rather be the youngest or oldest child?
14. What is a job you hate?
15. Current favorite song?

Go!


 

10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this, Pirates are the best. I think I will do this tag first. Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tagging me! These questions are really good, and I am really excited to answer them. Hopefully I'll get to this post next week!
    -Lauren <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, thanks for tagging me! Loved the questions:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for tagging me! I did this one about a week ago, so I might miss it if that's okay?
    (And yes, Pirates are the best! Especially Captain Jack Sparrow)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would pick Jedi only because I haven't watched Pirates of a Caribbean. Only Star Wars where Jedi live. :) This tag seems like a lot of fun! I'll try to do it this month.

    Carly @ Books and Etc

    ReplyDelete