Monday, December 8, 2014

This Is Not A Tag!

 
Hi guys!
 
So it's been warm the last couple days, but before that it was ridiculously cold, and during a cold streak I bonded with a kitten for the first time in years.

See, it was freezing cold this one night. Ridiculously cold. Terrible. And I came out in the morning and found a little black kitten nearly froze to death on my front porch, huddled up next to our wood pile and covered in saw dust. His mom and siblings had made it safely into the shed for shelter, but I guess he got left behind.

So, I had a tender moment.  

(someone alert my family that they happen!)

 I brought him inside. Mom gave me an old quilt and I tucked him into a box next to the wood burner.

He sat there all shivering and half the family said he was going to die, and the other half said that was nonsense. I'll let you guess which group I was in.

 
Shortly after bringing him inside the whole family took off for various things. Daddy-kin and Minion 1 went dear hunting. Mom-Mommy and Minion 2 went shopping. Me? I stayed home to clean. Every time I came through the living room he would look up at me all worried, so I gave him a piece of bread crust to ease his mind that I wasn't there to wreak havoc on his little world.

Then I got hungry. So naturally, I went and got leftover liver and onions, and cheesy hashbrowns for breakfast and sat down to eat. And he looked up out of the box. And glared at me. Really! Look!

I saved his little life, and gave him a bread crust, and he glared at me! It wasn't long before he was warm enough to try and jump out of the box, so he had to go back outside.

He turned out just fine, except his ears froze, so now they are all curled up funny. So I call him Ears now, instead of little black friendly kitty (his sibling is crazy mean evil black kitty).

Minion 1 and Minion 2 got deer, and all was well in the wonderful world of my life.
                          Minion 2's ^   (her first deer)                              Minion 1's ^
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Naaaawww! It's so cool that you saved Ears from freezing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute post. I felt so bad for the kittens when I read it. I'm so glad you rescued them:) My dad got two deer this year!
    In Christ,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete