Thursday, December 11, 2014

A Pirates Life For Me

You don't know panic until your DVD player breaks with Pirates of the Caribbean inside of it.
We had company over when the DVD player suddenly refused to play the movie, and wouldn't even open.
We all just sat there for a minute like
It felt like Jack was going into the kraken all over again. 
Company or not, the Minions and I freaked and rushed to tell mom, who, in front of company, also freaked (on a more rational and mature level, but still)
You don't know relief until two hours later you press the button, hoping against hope, and the DVD drive opens.
And Jack is saved to sail another time.

You know you're a Pirates of the Caribbean junky when it happens to be on TV for a Saturday night special so you're watching it as a family and your mom says "I've seen it a hundred time and this part still worries me."
And Minion 2 says "I'm just worried about when they're going to cut to a commercial break."
*the entire family takes a look at the highly intense scene and nods in agreement*

You know I have no clue where this post is heading when I start using ungodly amounts of gifs and yammering on about a movie series. 

Because let's be honest (honestly) I have no clue what I'm doing.
I'm just finding all kinds of fun gifs and wanting to use them somehow.
And I'm sure it's really cruel to you guys and those of you who haven't watched this movie series are probably sitting there like "What is going on?? What does this mean? Who is this sarcastic dreadlocked guy in eyeliner??"


And I'm just sitting here typing away and laughing to myself. I'm finding this highly enjoyable.
Is it late? Yes. Am I sleep deprived? Most assuredly. Should I have my blogging license taken away? Probably.

And then there's you guys saying "would she just stop already?" And I'm like, "you can close the tab any time you like honey." This is way too fun. Haven't you ever seen the youtube video's where the maker puts like five minutes of random funny junk after the video is totally over? Or those long gigantic pictures on pinterest of completely meaningless stuff but you keep reading just to see if it ever makes a point or not.

This is probably a really good moment for me to stop though...


Alright. Here it comes. The grand finale. To those of you who love this whacky dude

To those of you who don't...





...sorry.

















8 comments:

  1. It's so funny how you talked about your family loving this movie. I've seen part of the first one, but never all the way through. I want too though. I was always forced to leave at exciting parts:)
    In Christ,
    Sarah
    Oh, by the way, I'm hosting a critique giveaway at my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH you Must watch it. The first one is the best, but the third one is also great.
      Oh! I'll check it out.

      Delete
  2. THAT WAS BRILLIANT!! I was laughing the whole way through xD I love Pirates of the Caribbean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me smile and laugh. Love Jack and Pirates of the Caribbean, the first one is my favorite. I was actually watching the first one when I finished my second book so now it has a very special place in my heart even though it did already. Loved this whole post
    *claps*

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little sister and I were watching Curse of the Black Pearl last night!! I love it and I wish I could find the rest of them.

    We kept going between calling Orlando, Will and Legolas, you see there is so much Hobbit stuff going around it's hard just to call him Will. ;P

    Loved the post! What is your favorite line? I like the one, "The chance to do the right thing." "I love those moments, I like to wave at them as they pass by." ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you have got to watch the rest. Oh yes! I could see that happening.
      My favorite line is a very hard thing to nail down. But I love "You're not making any sense at all, mate."

      Delete