Saturday, September 13, 2014

Novel Idea- Creed

It's time! A Novel Idea is up and ready, and I do believe I'm behind one set. But that's okay. I like playing catch up sometimes...all the time...don't necessarily like it but I end up doing it anyway...
I have something to admit. There is a 99% chance I won't have The Iron Curse even half finished by the time it's due. Because I started a new story idea. It's been screaming at me to write it for a year. I really couldn't put it off any longer.

The characters are kind of fuzzy in my head right now, so I can't promise these answers wont be complete lies by the time I finish the book, but for now, this is what I think is accurate.

So, without further ado, let me introduce you to the main character, Creed.

(This week's questions)

1. What is their favorite thing in the refrigerator? 
Well, Creed doesn't live in a time of refrigerators, but his favorite thing to eat would have to be Black Walnut Pie. He has an unhealthy liking for the stuff.

2. What is on their nightstand right now?
Right now there is a little knife, a book of spells, and an empty cup.

3. It’s time for spring cleaning – what is easy to throw out and what is hard to let go of? 
Toss it out, he really doesn't care. He's a boy, so he's not sentimental about too much. Weapons and spell books must stay, but clothes and such he's pretty neutral with, except his red shirt. He loves his red shirt. Don't touch it.

4. They are getting ready for a night out. What are they wearing? Where are they going?
He is wearing the above mentioned red shirt, and dark pants. Probably some kind of dark jacket, with silver buckles. He and Rafe are probably going out to cause trouble in town. He might also be going to a ball the King is hosting. He is obligated to attend those sort of things.

(Last week's questions)

1. Who are their parents? What are their names, occupations, etc? Are they close to their parents?

His Parents names are Kein and Mae (pronounced Mayee). His father is a cousin to the king, and his mother comes from Nacparso. His father served in the guard, and his mother was a wife. Creed isn't close with them. His mother was afraid of him and didn't stay around him much. His father was gone or hung over most of the time until he was killed in a battle.

2. Do they have any siblings? If so, what are their names and ages?
That is still to be decided. It is possible he has a brother who is slightly younger than him, but I'm still kicking that around, so the lad doesn't have a name yet. If he doesn't have a brother though, his best friend Rafe is closest thing to a sibling. He's 17.

3. If they’re old enough, do they have a job?
Creed is learning to master his magical skills, which will give him a high position with the king, but no, he doesn't have a job. He lives in the castle court and doesn't have to do anything.

4. Are they right or left-handed? Or ambidextrous?
I suppose he's right handed, just because I haven't thought him out that far. If he was ambidextrous he'd probably have to hide it, because it would scare the living willies out of folks if they knew.

5. Do they have any allergies or diseases of any kind?
Currently he does not, but check back with me in book three. That's sure to have changed. (Did I mention Creed gets to have a trilogy?)

There you have it! Not my best attempt at a Novel Idea, but it really does fit the name this time. This is just an idea I've been toying with in the last few days trying to flesh out. I haven't wrote one scrap of story yet, but I'm pretty satisfied with the story world I've created so far.
 Hope you like him, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up with week! And thanks for doing last week's questions too! :)

    ReplyDelete