Thursday, September 25, 2014

Shopping Trip!

 
My mom had to go grocery shopping last week, so naturally the Minion's and I tagged along.
The mechanic had asked her to pick up a part for my dad's truck, so we stopped at the parts shop first thing.
And they didn't even know what the thing was.
She had it in her hand to show them, and they still had no clue what it was.
So they sent her to a different store across town.
And they had no clue what the little rubber do-dad was.
So they sent us to another.
You guessed it.
No clue what the thing was.
This took over an hour.
We had to be back in time for mom to drive the school bus.
So we called the mechanic.
He sent us on a goose chase to some remote out of town shop in the middle of some abandoned army buildings.
There was construction. Everywhere.
Finding one shop took us over an hour, even with the owner on the phone giving us directions.
Did you know that men give too many directions? By the time the ordeal was over with we knew how to find every Bosslemans, Pump and Pantry, and any other landmark to be had for a 50 mile radius. But not that shop.
We did finally find them.
And guess what?
No one knew...Actually, there was one older guy there who actually recognized the dang thing and was able to get us one.
Day. Saved.
 
After that whole episode we had to fly through the stores like mad, but I was able to get my
The Revolution, Season 1
And
The Legend of Korra, Season 2.
 
I had a old Wal-Mart gift card from Christmas...who knows how many years ago,
so I went to the makeup isle to blow it.
I've been experimenting with makeup since I have to do my friend's makeup for her wedding.
Something about knowing it's going on a bride makes a gal question all her makeover capabilities.
 
And I've been wanting to try out red lipstick. I'm talking Taylor Swift lipstick here.
Taylor was actually my second inspiration for this.
I saw Mirriam Neal's makeup on her blog Wishful Thinking  and thought it was so darn pretty I had to try it. We have similar hair and skin colors, so I thought it was worth a shot.
 
Minion 1 and 2 laughed at me all the way home after I put it on.
 
All the way home.
 
But, mom says a little lip-liner and some knowhow (it is possible that I've never wore lipstick before, so I may have been kind of awkward while trying to put it on while riding in a vehicle that was driving across railroad tracks) will make it look just fine.
I hope she's right.
 

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a tiresome yet fun day. I tried red lipstick and I can not pull it off. What's Revolution about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an accurate description. Aw darn. It's a dystopian type tv show, where all of the electricity is turned off and the people are trying to turn it back on.

      Delete
  2. Instead of wearing red lipstick (since I most certainly cannot pull that off!), I wear red baby-lips, the cherry-me kind! It kind of looks like lipstick but not as dark :)
    I love Taylor Swift...but I think she also looks pretty wearing most anything!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete