Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A Post of Pictures

Hi guys! Sorry for my absence. I was doing lots of stuff. And taking lots of pictures. Going to concerts, the state fair, and taking a vacation to Wyoming over my birthday weekend. So for today's post, I'm going to show you some of the shots I took along the way :)

I'll start with a few from the concert. It was kind of weird, cause almost all of the band members looked like celebrities. The drummer, John Wooten, looks like Robert Downey Junior. The guitarist for Sheridan, Seth Bashford, looked like Ashton Kutcher. One of the dudes from VOTA (I'm sorry, I forgot his name) looked like Edward from Twilight (I'm sorry for this also). The lead singer for VOTA, Bryan, looked like someone, I just can't decide who.
                                                    This ^ is the lead singer for Sheridan.
                                              
           ^Lead singer for VOTA. He literally stole my spot and sat on my friends lap. He's awesome.

I've decided that only old dudes can dance like this and pull it off.

 
Robert Downey- I mean John Wooten.

All the guys together.
 
Moving on to the state fair....
We watched some Cowboy Mounted Shooting that was awesome.
 
 
And then there were these guys (and one girl) in penguin suits (awkward- especially when wet) who did this diving show. All awkwardness aside, it was absolutely amazing. The highest dive they made was from eighty feet in the air. Into an 11 foot deep pool. Insane.
 
Labor Day weekend and my birthday, we suddenly decided to take off for vacation in Wyoming. It took forever to get there, but it was amazing. Totally an awesome way to spend my birthday. The only thing I didn't like was that they gave me my presents in the car, and one of them turned out to be the Divergent movie, and I didn't have access to a DVD player for the next three days (The Next Three Days is a great movie, just so you know). It was torture.
 

 We went to Register Cliffs. It was so cool. A little discouraging because so many people had defaced it and carved their own names into it, but it was still amazing to see the names and dates the pioneers on the Oregon Trail had carved into the face of the mountain. If you look at the top picture you'll see that the name is in cursive...I can't write that pretty with a pen on paper. How the heck did they carve that into rock??
                  

This is one of the original buildings in Fort Laramie... And this is an old bridge. Only wide enough for one car.

There were three types of mountains we saw. These were kind of the foothills. Basically all rock, and very steep. Next to nothing on them. NO IDEA how the poor ranchers managed to pound that fence line into the rock.

This is the Wyoming State Penitentiary. The building looked like a church with bars on the window, and the wall looked like it came from a medieval kingdom. It was awesome.

There were three stories of cells.

These are the edge of the Rocky Mountains (we were about 5 miles from Colorado at one point)
They had more trees on them than the others did.


And these are my favorite mountains. These are the Laramie Mountains along Vedawoo road (I think I spelled that right). It looked like some giant kid just stacked up blocks. They were setting crooked and slanted and turned on point, and balancing in the freakiest ways. I think that probably happened after the flood, when all the earthquakes and crazy stuff was going on when "The fountains of the deep" burst open, because they were just sticking up out of the ground in the middle of nowhere.

Then there's this weird thing called the Ames Monument just out in the middle of some pasture. It's for some guys who built the railroad. The bricks in it are taller than my dad. They're huge.


 
We stopped at Cabela's on the way home. I've never been to this one before. The taxidermy was cool.
 
It rained a lot while we were there (odd for Wyoming)
 

My family is awesome. Minion 1 got me Divergent. Minion 2 always gives me gag gifts, so she copies my autographed VOTA poster and did a "Hey Girl" and drew facial and chest hair all over them. She also got me that hat, which I love.
Mom and Dad (they really should have nicknames too...) got me the new Manafest CD, and a bag full of guitar picks, which is great, because mine are disappearing rapidly every time my guitar students come over. They always get snapped in half somehow.
 
All this to say, I had a great few weeks leading up to my 19th birthday, and I will start blogging a little more regular now that I'm back in my own house. (It was so great to not share a bed with the minions, and to be able to wear my cowboy boots and see Maggie when we got home)
Ta Ta For Now!
 
 
 



2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an awesome summer, Maddie. Congrats on turning 19, I turned 20 this summer. Happy Belated Birthday! That guy really does look like Downey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did :) I read that on your blog! Congrats too, and thanks :) he did and he knew it haha. He even kind of bad a short complex and a huge ego like RDJ XP

      Delete