Wednesday, October 8, 2014

100/4/100 Update

Hiya! I'm here to give an update on my 100 for 100 challenge story. 
It's going a little slower than I planned, but I've managed to write over 100 words every day and I'm somewhere in the 5000 word range. 

If you've ever saw the Pinterest board you'll notice it's called rp fantasy, and that's because Creed is based off a character I made for a role play. 

Last night was spent scrolling through notes I'd made on him and what happened during the game, because when I started him around a year ago I knew I wanted him to be a story of his own, and kept lots of notes. 

Things have been progressing a little slow with the plot, due to the fact that most of the role play took place after this story, so in what will be the second and third book. I am having fun developing Creed and his supporting cast, as well as building up the events that will lay the foundation for all the fun stuff I have planned for the rest of the series. 

Would you like to read a few snippets? Of course you would!
Nalik smiled. "Father said the orchestra can come up after dinner so we can have a dance."
Creed felt like his tongue shriveled up inside his head, and couldn't think of a single response.
"That would be great." Rafe came to his rescue and Creed managed to regain his vocabulary.
"I only know the men's part, so you'll have to be the lady, Rafe."
 
"Thirsty, Master Creed?" Emlin asked, ladling him a glass of orange liquid.
"Yes, thank you." Creed smiled at the older woman and took it. He leaned against the corner of the table and took a sip, his mouth puckering at the tartness. "What are you doing with the kitchen help tonight?" He asked the maid.
"One of the younger girls asked me to trade with her. She had some plans apparently."
Creed nodded a bit. "I'm glad. At least I'll have someone to talk to tonight."
Emlin chuckled. "Oh, Master Creed. Go talk to those girls. Rafe is over there."
Creed gave her a crestfallen look like he would a mother. "Must I?"
She smiled gently and nodded. "I'm afraid so."
He exaggerated a sigh and she laughed "Well, maybe not just yet. Here they come with the food."


Rafe turned to Alize, who had managed to claim the seat beside him and offered to fill her plate, following the tradition of serving neighbors.
Creed turned to Nalik before she could make any comment to remind him. "Would you like white or dark?" He let the corner of his mouth curl up as he raised a knife to the roasted duck between them.
She dipped her chin. "White, thank you."
He carved her off a slice and slid it onto her plate, then tilted the knife handle toward her.
Nalik shook her head slightly. "I read a lovely ballad the other day that said something to the effect that knives should be kept from a princesses hand. I'll serve the greens."
Creed chuckled and cut a darker piece for himself. "I think that's talking about something deeper than dinner knives."
"All things start out small and trivial." She returned, brushing his hand away to put the garlic fried greens on his plate.


2 comments:

  1. I am intrigued. I think I like Rafe the most though. Keep Writing!

    ReplyDelete