Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Unlucky Bug

 
Mmmhmm, Bass speaks my language everyone.
 
I really don't have anything big and grand to write about today, so I figured I'd relay a story.
 
The other day me and my mom...or should I say, my mom and I, were driving down the road, coming home from checking cows. It was kind of warm out, and our beater pickup doesn't have air conditioning, so I had my window down and I was playing airplane....

You know, when you hang your arm out the window and let it catch the wind, and fly all over. Don't tell me you've never played it...still don't know what I'm talking about? Here.
See! Even Taylor does it.
 
Anyway, I was doing that and suddenly.
 
Pain.
 
Oh the pain.
 
I pulled my arm back in and amongst splattered little remains, I found a stinger embedded in my arm.
What are the odds that in a whole entire road, that little doink managed to hit my arm? My arm is only three or four inches wide!
    I mean, how much of the road do they have to take? Can't I have a little space too?
Not only did it hurt like heck, I couldn't get the darn thing out of my arm. I guess it was sort of high impact, and that thing was stuck tight. Mom was driving, and while there is no law in our state against pulling stingers and driving, it still wasn't the smartest idea. So after about a mile (so we were off the sidehill) she pulled over and ripped the thing out for me.
At least part of it. I think half of it's still in there. There's still a hole in my arm, and a lump underneath.
 
Oh well. I can't complain too much I guess. When it's all sorted out, I'd say I got the better end of the stick than unidentified flying creature.

2 comments: