Thursday, October 23, 2014

I'd Like To Order a Peanut Butter Thing

Today was chilly and I was stuck doing school, and I found myself craving coffee. That doesn't happen very often so I thought I'd better take advantage of it (and a chance to get away from school) so I went to Pinterest for yummy coffee recipes. 
Most of them were for iced coffee, which just wouldn't do in this sort of weather, so I went to the kitchen to experiment. 
That's when things got crazy.
We had no creamer.
Adding plain sugar wasn't going to cut it.
Putting in a spoon of chocolate milk powder started me off on the right path. 
A few drops of vanilla was good. 
Coffee and caramel go together right? So I went to put caramel ice-cream topping in but it was basically empty.
 So was the butterscotch for that matter. 
So there I sat with a semi yummy cup of coffee and nothing much to put in it. 
Know what I tried? 
Peanut butter.
Yeah.
I have an unhealthy love for peanut butter

I heated the water up really hot so it would dissolve and threw a spoon if peanut butter in it.
And do you know what else?
It tasted good!

I think I may have invented some kind of mocha peanut butter coffee thing.
 Can you imagine walking into Starbucks and being like
"Yeah, I'd like one of those new Mocha Peanut Butter Coffee Things. To go."

No comments:

Post a Comment